The Head of Operations in Sweden will be responsible for building a world-class customer service and claims operation to support our pet insurance customers in Sweden. You will lead and develop the team with passion for creating a great culture that is customer focused and metric driven.
You will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team for the Swedish operation and will contribute to the strategic direction and day to day operational decisions across the Swedish business. In the role you will create an appropriate operating model and customer contact and claims strategy for the Swedish operation. You report to our Managing Director Sweden. As our Head of operations in Sweden, you will also be part of the global operations community working with the COO in the UK to ensure consistency with our global operating model.
In this high-growth business, your role will be essential for supporting the growth of the Swedish operation through supporting customer service and claim requirements as we seek to achieve a 25% market share of new pet insurance sales in Sweden within the next 4 years.
Your key responsibilities
• Build a world class, scalable, omni-channel customer service and claims operation.
• Create a strategy for supporting customer service and claims with an appropriate operating model.
• Be part of the Swedish Senior Leadership Team contributing to the strategic direction and day to day operational decisions across the business.
• Define and monitor operating metrics and benchmarks to measure service delivery, customer engagement and team performance.
• Recruit and retain a high performing team in line with resource plans and budget to support the growth of ManyPets.
• Provide strategic leadership and coach the team to deliver operating and financial targets and ensure their personal development is supported.
• Manage the claims portfolio to optimise performance identifying trends and issues and taking action to ensure compliance with standards.
• Use data to deeply understand customer needs, and proactively identify and resolve issues affecting service delivery and efficient processes.
What you bring
Experience and qualifications
• You have several years of experience working within insurance and claims handling. You have experience from leading a claims unit and a strong understanding of claims assessment and case review.
• You have experience of building and leading an operating business unit, including business planning and budgeting, with a strong track record of delivering results. If you have skills in leading other leaders, we find that strongly valuable.
• Experience hiring, training, and retaining a claims team is essential for the role.
• Experience in a customer service environment is positive but not a requirement.
• You have probably an understanding of working with optimization of operations as well as fast-growth business. If you have experience of working internationally in a matrixed organisation, we find it positive.
• You have knowledge of the regulatory requirements relevant to insurance as well as a good understanding of contact center/claims handling systems.
Skills and personal attributes
• Collaborative approach with strong stakeholder and relationship management skill.
• Customer-centric and a growth mindset.
• Inspirational leader that knows how to inspire exceptional effort with individuals and teams through engagement and empowerment in order to achieve results.
• Highly proactive, persuasive and communicative leader.
• Disruptive attitude – you dare to think big and do things differently
• Analytical - you let data lead your decision making.
• Accountable - will make, own and meet internal and external commitments.
• Integrity - earns the respect of peers, staff and clients.
• A relationship builder who works collaboratively towards win/win outcomes.
• Strong verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Our company and work culture are energetic, fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and, most importantly, passionate about pets and their well-being.
Our offices are bright and open with plenty of treats and extras, and we provide practical support and good kit for homeworking. We are a connected and sociable business and like to spend time together in regular fun activities, both online and in person (when we can!).
We dare to think big. We can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Join us on the journey to get there and bring you, your unique self, to Bought By Many/ManyPets.
And finally - we’ve outlined the main areas of focus in this role, but as a high-growth organisation, it’s not intended to be a complete list of all duties and as we grow it will probably develop as you will personally with the evolution of the business.
Want to know more about this role? Don’t hesitate to contact Lisa Robberts at email@example.com or at +46 76 777 03 65.